Heritage Brick and Stone restored sections of Dundurn Castle in Hamilton, Ontario. Located on York Boulevard this 18,000-square-foot historic neoclassical mansion took three years and cost $175,000 to build. Completed in 1835, the seventy-two room castle featured the latest conveniences of gas lighting and running water. It is currently owned by the City of Hamilton who purchased it in 1900 and has renovated the site to make 42 of the original 72 rooms open to the public. The rooms have been restored to the year 1855 when its owner Sir Allan Napier MacNab was at the height of his career.
We are appreciative to be a part of the ongoing restoration and to work on such an important piece of Hamilton’s proud history.